Counterterrorism (CT) Planner
THe Counter Terrorism (CT) Planner provides detailed planning support across the full range of CT requirements associated with the SOCPAC CT strategic planning and operational efforts, integrating into the SOCPAC CT Operational Planning Team (OPT). Specifically, the Planner:
- Assist the SOJ55 to organize, focus and synchronize SOCPAC CT enterprise partners and enablers to meet defined organizational end states. Facilitate and support SOJ55 with the development and production of the SOCPAC CT campaign supporting plan.Provide subject matter expertise and knowledge of National and DoD CCMDs CT CONPLAN/OPLANs, Strategies, Directives, and Implementation plans.Facilitate and support SOJ55 with the development of CT courses of action and concepts of operation for SOCPAC and USPACOM.Provide strategic and operational linkages to concept development and implementation.Synchronize CT special programs and policy.Facilitate and coordinate the development of CT talking points and written narratives for key leader engagements.Participate in Joint and Operational Planning Groups to provide CT and SOF input towards Theater Campaign Planning, response plans, and Joint Staff directed PLANORDs.Deliver the analytical rigor and draft proposals which allow SOCPAC to evaluate appropriate SOF steady state CT and response options to Commander USPACOM, Commander SOCPAC, and the Secretary of DefenseParticipation with USSOCOM, multiple CCMDs, and interagency partners in various activities to provide CT and SOF subject matter expertise.Facilitate and coordinate on CT country prioritization documents and presentations.Coordinate revisions and input to assessments.Coordinate on all CT inputs to SOCPAC Strategic and Operational planning.Assist with executive-level updates to senior leaders.Provide weekly input to talking points and executive summaries.Construct concise briefings and point papers, and assemble material that supports effects generation.Participate in weekly Joint Staff, USPACOM and USSOCOM CT events.
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required.
- Nominees shall be a former O-5/mid-grade GS-13 level with a minimum of 10 years of total planner experience with a minimum 5 years of CT planner experience working for a Combatant Command and/or USG IA
- Three (3) years’ experience with multi-disciplined operations and planning supporting SOF and/or USG IA at the tactical and operational levels.
- Five (5) years’ experience working in/or within an interagency team environment.
- Two (2) years’ experience within SOF and/or USG IA focused Intelligence, Collections and Targeting Cycles.
- Five (5) years’ experience in dealing with FO/GO/SES level officials
- Thee (3) years’ experience understanding DoD and USG IA plans, policies and planning processes and subsequent development of operations, actions and activities that operationalize campaign objectives in support or for a Combatant Command and/or USG IA
- Three (3) years’ experience with the conduct of assessments and the quantifying of performance and effectiveness measures.
- Two (2) years’ experience in compartmentalized planning supporting SOF and/or USG IA
- DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access