The Exercise Planners provide support for SOCPAC exercise planning and execution. This capability will support SOCPAC’s requirement to participate in JCS and Service exercises in support of USPACOM TCP and USSOCOM Commander’s Training and Education Guidance requirements. Specifically, the planner:
- Plan, coordinate and execute SOCPAC and component participation in assigned USPACOM JCS and Service exercises. Coordinate and manage exercise development in conjunction with USPACOM and component planner and participants. Develop training objectives that meet SOCPAC JMETL requirements. Ensure SOCPAC and component exercises inform the Defense Readiness Reporting System and fully incorporate the Joint Lessons Learned system. Enhance the command’s capability to train and prepare for a broad spectrum of threats from real and/or simulated adversaries. Develop training objectives in conjunction with exercise participants and SOCPAC staff stakeholders.Assist in the coordination with exercise participants and supporters from other DoD and non-DoD organizations. Draft and develop realistic threat scenarios, incorporate best-practice inputs from DoD and other agencies. Coordinate exercise criteria to test and stress the command’s training objectivesConsolidate and draft After Action Reports (AAR) related to training objectives, corrections, and COA development.
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required.
- 8 years’ experience as DoD exercise planner, with at least two (2) years’ experience in PACOM AOR.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in multi-disciplined special operations at the operational and tactical levels supporting SOF to include:
- Five (5) years’ experience of Joint Exercise Lifecycle (JELC) planning process.
- DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access.
- Use of training software and other IT systems associated with exercise planning.