IT Operations Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
The Contract provides IT acquisition, installation and support services to a high profile customer in Washington, DC and offices nationwide. Operations include the acquisition, installation and incident support for enterprise IT workstations, servers, LAN, mobile devices, printers, peripherals and supporting software. Operations also include state office Telecom/Network installation, build-out and support. The contract is Service Level Agreement measured and the Operations Manager is responsible for all operational aspects that achieve and/or exceed those measures. Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Operations Manager include the following:
- Accountable for all aspects of contract execution and manages the hands-on, day-to-day operations of the Service Desk, the System Consultants, Recording Studio Consultants and the Acquisition team that provides White Glove service for our VIP customers for acquisition, installation, and and incident across the United States
- Responsible for the successful achievement of contract Service Level Agreements (SLA) with an emphasis on achieving above average customer satisfaction levels for a very demanding customer as tracked in the customer’s ticket tracking system. Be proactive to follow up with the customers to ensure that Service Level Agreements are reached and maintained to meet the business needs.
- Responsible for contract deliverable reports to include certifications matrix, monthly SLA charts, and other daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly metrics
- Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate managers, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation
- Establishes and implements an effective training program for all technical staff. Ensures that the contract required certifications are met and maintained and that all emerging contract supported services changes are anticipated and the staff are trained and certified to meet these changes upon customer implementation
- Develop, refine, and document operation's policies, processes, procedures, and associated systems requirements and drive their implementation and use.
- Ensures that management processes and business systems facilitate meeting performance requirements.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and continual improvement of service management processes such as Incident, Problem, and Event Management.
- Identify trends, anticipate problems, perform root cause analyses, and work across IT to implement preventative measures to ensure a best in class level of support and service through the use of metrics
- Establish standards of performance, training and development programs, continuous improvement, and other practices that assure a strong and efficient IT service capability with user experience focus
- Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
- Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
- Responsible for effective external communications with the customers and internal communications with the Senior Managers to establish processes and service level objectives that assure system issues are resolved and users concerns addressed consistent with defined service level expectations
- Provide updates to the Program Manager on any issues that could significantly impact the business
- Must demonstrate the ability to work closely with other Senior Managers to ensure the timely delivery of consistent and predictable services to internal customers
- Attends regular and ad hoc meetings with customer, direct reports, and staff on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant corporate and government policies and standards, including daily timesheet compliance and all required corporate training.
- Responsible for recruiting highly qualified technical and administrative personnel and their retention
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- 10-12 years of related information systems experience, including management experience.
- Must possess a strong leadership background to provide guidance and directions as it relates to Customer Satisfaction.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle pressure situations with clarity, focus and professionalism at all times.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to clearly articulate to ideas and messages during daily updates to the customers on all aspect of current operations.