Clinical Research Associate
The Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) is seeking a Research Associate to participate in TBI research in both the military and veteran population.DVBIC supports a multi-center network of military treatment facilities and Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers. The mission of the Research Division at DVBIC is to support researchers in this network in developing and conducting clinical investigations in traumatic brain injury (TBI). DVBIC’s extensive internal and external collaborations allow for clinical innovation and research along the entire continuum of care of TBI: from initial injury, whether in-theatre or outside of theater, through medical evacuation to acute and post-acute medical settings, rehabilitation, and ultimately a return to family, community and work or continued duty. Summary: This individual will plan, conduct, and complete investigations under the supervision of the lead of the project. This person would be responsible for participating in all aspects of research including data collection, organization, literature reviews, structured interviews, analysis and interpretation of basic data and will assist with the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Plans, conducts, and completes investigations under the supervision of the head of the project. Participates in data collection and organization, literature reviews, structured interviews, provides basic data analysis and interpretation. Assists with the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols. Maintains clear and accurate records, inventories and logbooks. Verifies and corrects data entry for research projects, supports senior staff in quality control and provides trouble shooting. Provides written updates to senior staff.
- Knowledge of standard qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques. Ability to follow general instructions; work in a team; good communication, writing and analytical skills; familiarity with social science research methodology is required. Ability to follow detailed instructions. Excellent communication and analytical skills required. S/he must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Provides research guidance to junior research staff.
- Master’s Degree in Scientific field required.
- Must have Human Subjects training completed.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- 2-4 years’ experience in research required.
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.