Information Operations Planner Team Lead
The Information Operations Planner/Team Lead provides a team lead and IO planner to SOCPAC development, synchronization and exploitation of operational and tactical level IO plans as part of SOCPAC’s IO campaign. Specifically, the IO Planner/TL:
- Provide the command with estimates of the information environment and audiences in certain regions as assigned.Develop plans for Government implementation to shape the environment to achieve Commander Special Operations Command – Pacific (COMSOCPAC) objectives and support affiliated component units, governmental organizations and partner nation forces missions. Assist in development of asymmetric options in the PACOM AOR in the form of Plans, CONOPs, and Operations, Actions, and Activities (OAA) that synchronize Information Related Capabilities (IRC) including Military Deception (MILDEC), Military Information Support Operations (MISO), Special Technical Operations (STO), CYBER, Joint Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations (JEMSO), Operational Security (OPSEC), and Public Affairs (PA) into Special Operations Forces (SOF) OAA in target countries. Conduct non-lethal targeting of Persons of Interest (POIs) and Target Audiences (TAs) in the physical, informational and cognitive domains. Assist in planning operations that synchronize USSOF, USG Interagency Partners, and Partner Nations support of PACOM contingency plans. Develop a full range of SOF options focused on steady-state operations and the Crisis Management Framework in select countries and their periphery. Develop plans for Government implementation that enable SOCPAC to posture to provide operational support to strategic-level PACOM contingency planning in key niche areas that are currently not addressed within the PACOM / SOCOM or USG. Provide inputs into PACOM, SOCOM, and SOCPAC working groups, Joint Planning Groups, and exercises.Monitor and analyze the Information Environment in designated countries to inform planning and detect measures of effectiveness.CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required.
- Nominees shall be a former O-5/mid-grade GS-13 level with a minimum of 8 years of total IO planner experience
- Eight (8) years’ of experience integrating MILDEC, MISO, CYBER, STO, JEMSO, OPSEC, and PA into operational and tactical level functions.
- Four (4) years’ of experience planning, coordinating and synchronizing asymmetric options in support of SOF operations.
- Six (6) years’ of operational level staff experience.
- Six (6) years’ or more military/government civilian/government contractor experience in the PACOM AOR.
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access