Strategic Assessments Team Lead
Strategic Assessments Analyst/Planner/Team Lead leads and provides strategic/campaign assessments analyst to provide SOCPAC input for strategic assessments such as the annual Campaign Plan–Global Special Operations Assessment (CP-GSO/A), the DOD’s National Military Strategic Plan for Countering Transregional Threat Organizations (NMSP-CTTO) assessment, and annual Joint Chiefs of Staff Comprehensive Joint Assessment (CJA). Specifically, the analyst/planner/team lead:
- Serve as the coordinator for SOCPAC inputs to the USPACOM Theater Campaign Plan (TCP), operational, and exercise assessments. Participate in interagency focused meetings, conferences, and other collaborative forums regarding assessment topics. Facilitate assessment working groups within the SOCPAC staff. Provide research, interpretation, analysis, production, dissemination, and assessment of progress toward achieving SOCPAC task objectives in USPACOM and USSOCOM plans. Develop methodology/framework, assessment metrics, weightings, and analytical processes. Prepare and deliver senior-level briefings and develops and country assessment products based on analysis. Automate SOCPAC assessment data, captures and analyzes SOCPAC, USSOCOM, and USPACOM enterprise tools. Lead contracted sub–regionally/functionally focused assessment analysts as well as an operations research systems analyst in accomplishing all assessment requirements. Assist in the management of TDY Center for Army Analysis ORSA and reservists in assessment efforts.Provide tailored assessment product briefings for workshops and symposiums.
- Brief assessments capabilities to SOCPAC team seminars, newcomers orientation, and CMSE/MISO team rotations.Assist in the management of production of country-specific assessments of SOCPAC campaign progress. Assist in the management of development of analytical framework for CWMD and counter-revisionist state (CRVS) functional assessments.Assist in the management of production of semiannual functional assessments for CT, CWMD, and CRVS.Provide assessment inputs to Campaign Support Plan and joint planning groups/operational design efforts.Assist in the management of historical operations data analysisGenerate assessment data through survey mechanismsEnsure data coordination and technical synchronization for webTAS, CIDNE, and PALANTIR. CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required.
- Eight (8) years’ of experience planning multi-disciplined special operations at the tactical and operational levels and;
- Four (4) years’ of experience conducting strategic/campaign analytical/quantitative assessments at the SOF HQ’s/TSOC/Component/any four Services level and;
- One (1) year of experience conducting Special Operations Forces (SOF) assessments and doctrine for SOCPAC.
- Two (2) years’ of experience conducting or supporting Special Operations Forces (SOF) assessments and doctrine for the USPACOM AOR.
- DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access.