South Asia/Oceana Assessments Analyst/Planner
The SOUTH ASIA/OCEANA ASSESSMENTS ANALYST/PLANNER provides counterterrorism analyst/planners to conduct assessments of SOCPAC Campaign Support Plan objectives in countries in South Asia and Oceana with an emphasis on counterterrorism to determine effectiveness and performance of engagement Operations, Actions, and Activities towards the achievement of strategic end states. Specifically, the analyst/planner:
- Evaluate SOCPAC’s progress towards achieving strategic, regional, country, and functional objectives as well as execution of respective SOCPAC lines of effort and directed focus area.
- Develop the framework, methodology, and metrics to evaluate SOCPAC’s progress in achieving Campaign Support Plan objectives.
- Conduct all-source research and assessments on countries in South Asia and Oceana identifying challenges in achieving objectives, and associated recommendations for addressing them.
- Identify information gaps and recommends collection requirements to meet current and anticipated assessment needs.
- Conduct out-briefs with personnel that have participated in rotations to South Asia and Oceana countries.
- Provide input to Operational Design working groups for South Asia and Oceana nations.
- Provide country and regional expertise as assessment liaison to the South Asia and Oceana Regional Engagement Branches, Plans directorate, SOCPAC Components, USPACOM Service Components, and Direct Reporting Units. Provides input to higher headquarters assessments such as USSOCOM’s Campaign Plan – Global Special Operations Assessment, DoD Counterterrorism Assessment, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff Comprehensive Joint Assessment (CJA).
- Complete semi-annual Country Assessments for South Asia and Oceana (specific countries mission-dependent)
- Complete Assessment briefings for workshops, conferences, symposiums
- Complete Assessments capabilities briefings for team training seminars, newcomers orientation, and operational team rotations
- Provide inputs to political/military presentations and trip preparation products for COMSOCPAC
- Develop and maintain framework for Functional Assessments
- Complete Semi-annual Functional Assessments (CT, CWMD, Counter Revisionist States (CRVS))
- Input to Campaign Support Plan and Joint Planning Groups/Operational Design Working Groups as required
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required.
- Four (4) years’ of experience planning multi-disciplined special operations at the tactical and operational levels and; Two (2) years’ of experience supporting any USG efforts in South Asia/OceanaTwo (2) years’ of experience conducting strategic/campaign analytical/quantitative assessments at the SOF HQ’s/TSOC/Component/any four Services level
- One (1) year of experience conducting Special Operations Forces (SOF) assessments and doctrine in South Asia/Oceana for SOCPAC.
- DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access.