Administrative Management Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is for a Term NTE 30 SEP 2018, Administrative Management Specialist, GS-0301-12 position, Management Support Office (MSO), ODCS G-1.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Not Required
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as:assist in preparing management and internal controls; coordinate training for employees; assist leadership in planning job related career development activities for employees; Identify requirements for management control training; track obligated and expenditures of travel funds; provide troubleshooting guidance on automated travel systems; track all incoming training requests, suspense actions, and correspondence; manage agency suggestion program.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Management Control
- Automated Systems used for Travel
- Manage Administrative Support Functions
- Coordinate Training
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires a Secret security clearance
- Serves as Training and Career Development Officer responsible for the management and coordination of all mandatory and available training for employees.
- Works with leadership to ensure that management controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Tracks the obligation and expenditure of travel funds; and perform all administrative setup and maintenance necessary to use Defense Travel System.
- Manages and tracks all incoming training requests, suspense actions, and correspondence.