1 day left
- Full Time
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 650 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer, HIR Enterprise Operations is seeking a Systems Engineer to serve on a server infrastructure support team. The Candidate must have a thorough understanding of Virtualization Technologies, Networking, Windows-based Servers, Linux and server security hardening practices. They will be expected to regularly exercise independent judgment, as well as a high level of skill in solving complex technical problems in the Virtual Infrastructure. Strong oral and written communication skills and the capability to handle multiple tasks are a must. Must be able to secure and maintain Federal Government security clearances as deemed appropriate by senior management.
The position does not have day-to-day supervisory/managerial responsibilities.
- Not Required
Bachelors degree preferred.
• 4+ years extensive administrative experience with VMware virtual infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
• 4+ years experience deploying VMware vSphere, Horizon View, vCenter
• 4+ years in-depth knowledge of diagnosing and resolving vSphere performance issues.
• 4+ years experience working with windows technologies and design (Domain Controllers, DHCP, IIS, & Clustering).
• Extensive Scripting experience (Powershell, vbScript, Batch)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft, Linux server experience.
• Experience with Citrix preferred
• Virtualization certification (i.e. VMware VCP) is a plus
Duties include, but are not limited to, install, configure, manage and tune VMware vSphere environment including vCenter, hypervisor, virtual machines and datastores. Diagnose issues on virtual machines (Windows / Linux), ESXi hosts, network and storage; troubleshoot technology issues, document lessons learned. Develop and implement best practices for the virtual environment. Follow policies and procedures for Change and Incident Management. Document virtual environment and keep documents updated. Ensure ongoing operation of systems through monitoring and troubleshooting. Provide end user support as needed. Participate in rotational On Call support roster at all data center locations.