This position is located in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, in the Organizational Policy, Planning and Analysis Division (OPPAD), in the Office of Management, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Operations.
The Office of Housing provides vital public services through its nationally administered programs. It oversees the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), the largest mortgage insurer in the world, and regulates important parts of the housing industry. The Office of Housing also helps ensure consumers can access housing counseling and provides affordable rental housing through its Multifamily housing program. The Office of Housing is committed to helping all Americans obtain safe, decent affordable housing.
- Not Required
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
• Coordinating and managing the review and processing of paperwork activities, information collections, rules, directives, reports and clearances; AND
• Serving as a liaison between program offices in coordinating information collections, rules, directives, and reports for review; AND
• Applying laws, policies, and regulations relating to program operations; AND
• Proposing new or modified program policies, regulations, goals or objectives and identifying data required for use in the management and direction of programs.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
As a Management Analyst, you will:
- Develop procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of administrative control systems
- Review and manage Housing paperwork activities including rules and directives, reports, and clearances
- Develop and implement management procedures and policies in Housing Headquarters and Field structure
- Conduct special cost benefit analysis, studies, reports, surveys, inquiries, and evaluations
- Prepare replies to inquiries from Government agencies, Field Offices, Contractors, and the general public on very complex and substantive questions relating to Housing's operations and management