Maintenance Worker Assistant Supervisor
7 days left
- Full Time
The mission of the Architect of the Capitol (AOC) is to serve Congress and the Supreme Court, preserve America's Capitol and inspire memorable experiences. Under the leadership of Stephen T. Ayers, FAIA, LEED AP, the roles and responsibilities of the Architect of the Capitol cover an expansive and diverse portfolio. The AOC is responsible for the maintenance, operation, development and preservation of 17.4 million square feet of buildings and more than 553 acres of land throughout Capitol Hill. The AOC provides a welcoming and educational environment for millions of visitors through the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center and the US Botanic Garden. The AOC also provides professional expertise on the preservation of architectural and artistic elements entrusted to its care. Learn more at www.aoc.gov.
The AOC prides itself on its Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Pride and Professionalism.
The PROFESSIONALISM and INTEGRITY of each AOC employee demonstrates our dedication to providing quality services and our commitments to holding ourselves to the highest standards.
We recognize that we do our best work through TEAMWORK, each of us lending our individual strengths and talents to the greater goal of the entire team. We respect each other and rely on each other in our efforts to make the AOC a center of excellence.
We take PRIDE in what we do and in the honor of serving Congress, the Supreme Court, and the American people each and every day.
- Not Required
You must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the job announcement.
You must meet the following SCREEN-OUT: Ability to supervise tradesmen in a diverse work environment.
Applications will be accepted from all U.S. Citizens.
NOTE: This is a readvertisement of vacancy SOB-2017-183; applicants must reapply to be considered.
TOUR OF DUTY: Monday - Friday 1:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
This position is located in the Architect of the Capitol, Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Superintendent Senate Office Buildings, Assistant Superintendent Client Services Division, Garage Branch.
The incumbent will be working as a Maintenance Worker Assistant Supervisor and act on all matters within established procedures for which the superior is responsible. Shares responsibility with the Maintenance Worker Supervisor for the quality and quantity of work performed by the Garage Branch.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serves as a garage attendant in senate office buildings garages and effectively prioritize the use of resources in support of Garage Branch operations.
- Resolves complaints, assign duties, evaluates performance and grievances and provides leadership to ensure support for equal employment opportunity goals and requirements.
- Participates with the supervisor in performing administrative and technical supervisory functions for subordinates and make recommendations to the supervisor concerning personnel matters such as employment and promotion.
- Initiates disciplinary actions, schedules and approves leave and keeps time and attendance records.
- Ensures that needed plans, blueprints, materials and tools are available and that needed stock is obtained from supply locations.
- Checks work in progress and when finished, checks for compliance with instructions on work sequence, procedures, methods and deadlines.
- Ensures that machine capacities are not exceeded and that tools are properly used.
- Shovels snow at garage entrances.
- Obtains personal and vehicle information from clients for use in creating parking identification tags for authorized vehicles; provides vehicle and driver’s identification information to the Rules Committee for assignment of parking spaces.
- Enforces regulations regarding the use of the three SOB garages and loading dock areas and monitors safety, security and cleanliness of these areas during the assigned shift.
- Assists journey level mechanics to perform emergency repairs on automobiles owned by Senators, staff or official visitors.
- Assists journey level mechanics to replaces fuel pumps, horns, ignition distributors, seals and shaft sealing rings, sensors, starting switches, water pumps and wiring harnesses.
- Uses test equipment and tools such as wrenches, sockets, brake tools, pliers and screwdrivers.
- Performs routine repairs by removing, replacing, adjusting or cleaning defective parts or components.
- Operates scrubbing and sweeping equipment to maintain cleanliness of garage areas.
- Performs basic maintenance and repair on mechanized cleaners and scrubbers which have utility systems or special hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, or electronic systems, features or controls.
- Replenishes scrubbing and sweeping fluids and replenishes oil and gas.
- Performs painting tasks by applying paint and epoxy resins on wood, metal, glass, concrete and other surfaces using brushes, rollers, spray cans and other methods and techniques of the trade.
- Paints offices, break rooms, shop areas, columns and walls throughout SOB garages.
- Ensures that all direct reports know how to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).