System Analyst/Associate Engineer - 1297
The MIL Corporation seeks a System Analyst/Associate Engineer to support a Federal Government client at our Dahlgren, Virginia location. The System Analyst/Associate Engineer will work with multiple operating system commands/utilities and basic system administration tools and processes.
• Perform security configurations, system boot-up, system shutdown, adding and removing users, disk drive maintenance, CITRIX, maintaining system database files (groups, hosts, aliases, etc.)
• Add and remove hardware
• Perform system operations: job control, implement hard and soft links or shortcuts and interfaces between kernel and user environments
• Work with networking and cloud computing environments/capabilities such as Microsoft Windows Server Services, TCP/IP, routing, remote access, etc.
• Work with virtualization techniques and technologies such as SharePoint Server Services, Visual Studio; and .Net frameworks techniques and technologies such as SharePoint Server Services, Visual Studio, and .Net frameworks
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or an Information Technology-intensive discipline; HS/GED and 4 years of relevant experience or AA/AS and 2 years of relevant experience will be considered the equivalent of a BA/BS; MA/MS will be considered in lieu of 2 years of experience
• Active Secret clearance
• 5 years of experience in Systems Administration or System Analysis in a real-world setting at a complex site (more than 50 computers running more than one operating system)
• Expertise in multiple operating system commands/utilities and familiarity with most system administration tools and processes: security configurations, system boot-up, system shutdown, adding and removing users, disk drive maintenance utilities, CITRIX, maintaining system database files (groups, hosts, aliases, etc.), and adding and removing hardware
• Good understanding of operating systems: job control, hard and soft links or shortcuts, and distinctions between kernel and user environments
• Experience with networking and cloud computing environments/capabilities such as Microsoft Windows Server Services, TCP/IP, routing, remote access, and virtualization techniques to include experience in technologies such as SharePoint Server Services, Visual Studio and .Net frameworks
• Ability to lift and carry up to 30lbs
• DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 or higher certification in current Operating Systems and Information Security
• IT-1 Level clearance
• Security+ certification with up-to-date CEs
• Windows and/or Linux OS certification and/or training
• Experience in the development of collaboration and engineering tools, software applications and associated hardware resources
• Experience with the Surface Navy Open Architecture Initiative and planned deployment and development approaches being used
• Experience in multiple operating system commands/utilities and full competence in system administration and operating system concepts (e.g., configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, security configurations, and installing third-party software)
• Experience resolving complex technical problems through the application of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
• Experience with enterprise operations in infrastructure architecture, integration, configuration, optimization, monitoring, maintenance, and disaster recovery
• Experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of VMware products: VMware infrastructure, ESX, ESXi, VSphere, VirtualCenter, LabManager, and virtual system backup and recovery technologies
• Experience in building, configuring, deploying VMs and templates as well as understanding of customized layer 2 and layer 3 networking between VMware, networking components and storage systems for high availability and maximum performance
• Experience in security standards and cybersecurity requirements
• Experience implementing servers that meet or exceed requirements using SCAP, DISA STIGs, and other tools and utilities to define and build compliant VM templates and physical servers
• Experience in enterprise system supporting technologies such as DNS, Active Directory, Operating Systems, IIS, SQL Server, Systems Management, Systems Security, Firewalls, Load Balancing, Clustering, performance tuning, and other failover and optimization technologies
• Experience with MS Windows Operating System environments and all facets of system planning, design, implementation, and maintenance
• Experience developing enterprise level contingency plans to include Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP), high availability failover, large scale storage and SAN failure recovery, full system recovery for the entire network infrastructure, SAN, cabling plant, routers, switches, fiber channel, Virtual host environment, physical and Virtual host restoration, and data restoration
All applicants for this position must possess and be able to maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.