Director of Trade Show Operations
Immediate opportunity for an experienced individual who can run the management of operations for an association's trade shows. Responsibilities include:
- Direct and work with trade show contractors and services to coordinate overall logistical strategy for related shows.
- Work with the trade show marketing department and Operations Manager to create and implement show design, layouts, show management booths, signage, features and elements.
- Oversee operations manager with contracted hotels, including the review of hotel contracts, room pick-up, approving exhibitor suite usage/meeting space, and tracking and adjusting room block, rooming lists and placement of staff housing
- Oversee Trade show Operations Manager with ordering show management equipment, room layouts, furniture orders, registration needs, utilities, etc.
- Oversee development of exhibitor manuals for domestic shows, including vendor contracting and pricing.
- Oversee all sponsorship sales and fulfillment for trade shows.
- Act as communications liaison with floor managers, associations, sponsors, and VIP program participants for booth space and meeting room requirements.
- Manage VIP program, developing VIP list, coordinating VIP outreach and working with the trade show marketing department on development of VIP materials.
- Assist in budget preparation and management as required.
- BA/BS required
- 8 – 10 years of experience in trade show operations management
- Experience managing vendor relationships and working with hotel contracts
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive Travel Required
- Knowledge of Map Your Show, Personify, and AutoCad a plus
- CEM, a plus