Quality Assurance Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
DCS Corp is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to provide test and quality assurance Support to our US Army customer. This position is located at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that performance and quality products conform to established Government regulatory standards.
- Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Investigate problems and develop disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Recommend corrective actions, dispositions and modifications.
- Analyze production facilities for deficiencies and coordinate improvement initiatives.
- Visit suppliers at their facilities to observe manufacturing processes and drive opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate oversight activities at sub-supplier facilities to drive supply chain management initiatives.
- Assist supplier base with implementing production and test plans.
- Analyze the Government and contractor proposed QA programs and requirements, to ensure that all ancillary and support equipment are compatible with the overall military objectives for field support.
- Assist the Project Lead in the areas of system and critical components test, evaluation, configuration control and Government test community interface.
- Conduct evaluations of Government and contractor manufacturing and production processes, identifying shortcomings and recommending improvements/corrective actions.
- Conduct inspection of PM GS products, and related special processes, to assure conformance to design intent, and ultimate user satisfaction.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Must have a Secret Security Clearance.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Optics, Quality). 10 to 15 year of experience in one of the following areas: Quality Assurance, systems engineering, support.
Demonstrated experience providing Quality Assurance support to DoD programs.
Have a working knowledge of Army acquisition systems and processes.
Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality management systems - Requirements.
Experience with the Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System Interface with DCMA to coordinate Government Quality oversight of production contracts.
Working knowledge of MS Office to include: MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
DAWIA Certification in Production, Quality, and Manufacturing.
Lean Six Sigma Certification.
Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Project.