Entry-Level Membership and Operations Associate
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an entry-level Membership and Operations Associate to join our Healthcare & Scientific Industry Practice in Washington, DC. The Healthcare & Scientific unit offers unmatched association expertise and specific knowledge of the issues, challenges and actions distinctive to the changing healthcare environment. From legislative and regulatory advocacy, to building successful industry relations programs and understanding the intricacies of journal publishing and management issues, our association professionals bring extensive experience and considerable knowledge of the issues unique to healthcare-related associations. The Membership and Operations Associate plays an integral role in supporting and guiding the nonprofit volunteers and members from our client healthcare organizations.
What You Will Do
- Build and sustain strong member relations through attentive detail in handling member requests and volunteer interaction
- Provide administrative and project support to the client and staff team, including database maintenance and reporting
- Serve as staff liaison to client member committees
- Coordinate and maintain financial projects, membership dues, registration and AP/AR
- Write and produce content for association member e-newsletters and other electronic communications
- Maintain and update areas of the association website with current information, benefits, member programs, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of conferences, board meetings and seminars
- Assist with policy review and advocacy work as needed
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- You exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- You have strong skills in time management and organization
- You display the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You have the ability to travel 5%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 0-1 year of relevant professional experience, to include customer service and/or administrative support experience
- Practical agency or nonprofit experience is a plus
- Database management experience is a plus
- Photoshop, Dreamweaver and/or HTML experience is a plus
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.