SCCM Administrator - TS/SCI - Arlington, VA
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Serves as a System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Administrator and a key member of the organization's Systems Center Support Team. Primary responsibilities include patch management, update and application packaging and distribution, operating system deployment (OSD), IT system security related issues, threat mitigation and reporting, analyzing data to spot trends, managing patches for software certifications, data collection and reporting. Provides highly technical and/or specialized guidance concerning automation solutions to complex information processing problems related to the distributed computing environment. The SCCM administrator shall be knowledgeable in multiple current technology areas, including client computer hardware and operating systems, end-user desktop software, remote management, IAVA process, and end-user device security management and patching. Responsible for in-depth knowledge of IAVA requirements and deployment, and system configuration of operating systems and applications to ensure the operational capability and security of the Command's IT networks. Team member shall assist in the development, integration and production of SCCM server infrastructure suites on multiple LANs to include server and application configuration, project documentation, C&A support, and production Tier III support for the enterprise customer base.
- SCCM 2012 deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting experience
- Full understanding of SCCM 2007, 2012 Hierarchy including troubleshooting
- Ability to create Advertisement/Collections/Packages/Applications within an SCCM 2012 environment
- Understanding of setup/use/troubleshooting of software deployment "Maintenance Windows".
- Full understanding of downloading and deploying Software Updates within SCCM 2012.
- Understanding of Operating System Deployment (OSD) in SCCM 2012
- Reporting with Systems Management Center Systems Management Server or SCCM 2012
- Software packaging \scripting experience
- Evaluate alternatives for deploying and supporting applications in a managed environment
- Provide Tier 3 support for escalated desktop issues in relation to application deployment
- Evaluates current procedures and processes for accomplishing objectives and continuously develops and implements improved practices
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Demonstrated 5 - 7 yrs. of directly related experience in Tier II and Tier III support.
- 5+ years' experience with Windows 7/Server 2008/Server administration/Powershell experience is desired.
- Extensive knowledge of Server and PC hardware and software maintenance.
- Hands-on experience managing Windows Active Directory Services.
- Demonstrated experience with WSUS and preferred experience with System Center Configuration Manager for patch management.
- Demonstrated experience with Group Policy Management, to include creation of policies, troubleshooting and maintaining.
- Knowledge of SQL 2008 or later.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in utilization of Remedy.
- Demonstrated experience administrating Hyper-V and clustered services.
- Demonstrated experience with maintaining/managing Remote Desktop Services to include broker servers and RemoteApp.
- Hands-on experience with backup and recovery software applications, preferred experience with Microsoft System Center DPM.
- Familiar with antivirus and security software (HBSS) and troubleshooting services affected by these software applications.
- Proficient with TCP/IP network protocol, to include a basic understanding of networking components (switches, routers, taclanes, etc.) and infrastructure 18. Hands-on experience supporting additional Microsoft products (Office, Project, etc.).
- Applicant must be able to work in a team environment with other systems administrators as well as work with other computer/facility support organizations and work well multi-tasking various related efforts.
- Must possess current Security+ CE Certification (or higer) with appropriate Computer Environment certification in compliance with DOD 8570.01.
- Position requires a current Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Must have good communications skills, both written and verbal.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. #DPOST #CJPOST #ZPOST