Princ Administrator, Network
Summary: Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Provide personnel with installation support skills that require at least 3 years of basic familiarity with audio visual systems to include but not limited to Crestron, Cisco and Polycom.
- Build A/V systems including but not limited to terminating cables, installing A/V system parts with a rack, and connecting system equipment with the appropriate cabling, good cable management skills, and testing the equipment once assembled.
- Pull old system cabling out and pull new system cabling using good cable management practices and skills during an install including but not limited to working from a ladder to pull cable across the ceiling, pulling cable through a cable tray in the floor, and understand how to use various tools including but not limited to connectrac, cable raceways, Panduit, cable ties, and cable tray systems.
- Disassemble old equipment including but not limited to Polycom and notify Government POC for retention.
- Be familiar with all A/V equipment and tools to build and install the equipment to include but not limited to testing terminated cables and various system parts to determine defective cabling and parts.
- Be knowledgeable in mounting monitors on the walls and mobile carts.
- Be knowledgeable in spacing and installing ceiling mics and speakers with the ability to install table mics and sound bars.
- Ensure professionalism and that the job site is left clean and free of debris each day of the installs including but not limiting to trash removal, dusting, covering furniture prior to beginning work, sweeping up after work is completed for the day.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 3-10 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.