Senior Network Engineer (Top Secret)
Senior Network Engineer: EMS Tools
The Contractor shall provide technology task support to include Project skills, Operations and Maintenance, Change Management, and training skills for the FBI's HP Business Technology Optimization products.
* Operations and Maintenance (O&M): The Contractor shall provide experienced staff to perform administration and maintenance of the HP Business Technology Optimization suite of tools and other EMS tools as listed above. This support shall be provided during normal duty hours Monday through Friday, Eastern Standard Time (EST), excluding Federal holidays. Additionally, O&M support shall be provided on an occasional basis outside these hours, either arranged in advance or in support of critical incidents. Support shall include, but is not limited to these activities:
* Share knowledge as needed to other EMS team members, regardless of contract or government status
* Train IT staff to use the tools as needed
* Provide resolution of incidents and problems
* Recommend and carry out projects under the guidance of the technical or government lead to improve performance of the tools, to bring systems and devices under management, install the tools, move tool servers to new Data Center, improve processes and procedures, and perform routine application or hardware upgrades. Configuration and change activities are included in this activity. (Note: Complex upgrades are designed, and in some instances, deployed by the IT Engineering Division.)
* Create custom monitoring and reporting
* Create specialized reports upon request
* Configure alerts to meet user needs
* Perform routine maintenance including but not limited to: patching to operating system and applications, monitoring operating status of the tools, provide reports, and coordinating with other teams both within and external to the IT Services Division as required.
* Skills/Experience: The contractor shall have knowledge in the following areas:
* (Required) Experience with the HP BTO suite outlined above
* (Preferred) Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, particularly in Active Directory
* (Preferred) Cisco Certified Network Associate certification
* (Preferred) Experience with virtual environments
* (Optional) Experience with other EMS tools
* Documentation Support: The Contractor shall assist in the creation of project life cycle management documentation to the designated Government representative as requested. Documentation requirements for upgrades will vary based on individual tasks, and may include, but is not limited to the following:
* Project Plan
* Implementation Plan
* Installation Plan
* System Design Document
* Interface Control Document
* Operations & Maintenance Manuals
* Privileged User Manual
* Test and Evaluation Master Plan
* Risk Management Register
* Test Reports
* Software Requirements Specification
* Hardware Requirements Specification
* As-built drawings in Microsoft Visio or Wiring Cut sheets in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word compatible format
* ServiceCenter, Service Manager, or successor workflow system tickets.
* Tool Reports
Additionally, processes and procedures for the administration, maintenance, and operations shall be prepared or modified as required.
* Configuration / Change Management Support: The Contractor shall assist the Government Configuration and Change Manager in all aspects of asset, license and lifecycle management of the EMS tools.
* The Contractor shall prepare documentation necessary for implementation of system changes
* The Contractor shall track and coordinate license and warranty expirations
* Training: Contractor personnel shall maintain up-to-date knowledge for both tools and operating systems as new versions are approved for use in the FBI's environment. In most situations, training shall be the responsibility of the Contractor, at no cost to the government for neither class costs or personnel labor hours. Exceptions to this shall be at the sole discretion of the government.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.