The City of Takoma Park is looking for a Police Officer. This position is open to entry level and lateral candidates.Under general supervision, patrols City streets; enforces local, state and federal laws; maintains law and order and protects life, property and deter crime.
- Patrol assigned area to include all public and private businesses and residences, parking areas, and streets.
- Direct vehicular traffic; enforce traffic laws; direct pedestrian traffic.
- Enforce all applicable City, local, state and federal laws.
- Investigate crimes; secure and protect the scene of a crime and the immediate area surrounding the crime scene so that no evidence is disturbed.
- Make arrests of persons observed or suspected of committing crimes.
- High School diploma or GED; and,
- No prior experience or training is required; or,
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid State Driver's License.
To officially apply please complete an online application at:https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=3081&company=takomagov&username=