Supervisory Clinical Nurse
This position is located at the Armed Forces Retirement Home, Healthcare Services. The primary purpose of the position is to provide professional supervision and technical leadership in all facets of patient care for the Residents residing at the Armed Forces Retirement Home, Washington, DC.
Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
- Not Required
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Licensure: You must possess, or have the ability to obtain within six months of appointment, an active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States
Education: You must possess an RN degree or diploma from a professional accredited nursing program
Specialized experience: For the GS-11, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to GS-10 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Overseeing physician/nursing care plans AND
- Reviewing and making recommendations for improvement to quality of overall nursing care.
Completion of all requirements for a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education
SPECIAL NOTE: Long-term care experience and/or interacting with geriatric patients is highly desired.
Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
As a Supervisory Clinical Nurse, you will:
- Supervise Registered Nurses (RNs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), students and external agency personnel, make assignments in accordance with established written AFRH, Nursing Service and State Nurse Practice guidelines;
- Provide professional and administrative direction, guidance, and support in implementation of the nursing process and programs; AND
- Participate in formulating, enforcing, and interpreting of AFRH and healthcare policies and regulations.