Regional Public Housing Director
This position is located in the Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH). PIH’s mission is to provide low-income families affordable housing opportunities as they transition to self-sufficiency and homeownership. PIH oversees the administration of HUD’s Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, Section 8 Rental Assistance, and Native American Programs through a staff of Headquarters and Field employees. The field structure for PIH consists of 29 Hub Offices and 16 Program Centers that provide oversight, direct monitoring, and coordination for approximately 4,200 public housing authorities.
This position is located in Region 4 (Atlanta, Birmingham, Caribbean, Greensboro, Columbia, Jackson, Jacksonville, Louisville, Miami, Memphis, Knoxville, Nashville). Duty location to be determined within the region upon selection.
- 25% or Greater
- 6 to 10 days per month
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience for the GS-15: You must have at least one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Serving in a management or lead role providing oversight of affordable housing program operations; AND
- Monitoring program performance and making recommendations for improvement; AND
- Handling short and long term planning and management of an office including budget, resources, staff supervision, performance, staff development and/or training; AND
- Evaluating subordinates, providing disciplinary action, and/or resolution of grievances.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
As a Regional Public Housing Director, you will:
- Advise the Director of the Office of Field Operations and the Assistant Secretary for Public and Indian Housing and other Headquarters staff on all matters relating to the administration and management of Public Housing programs in the Field.
- Coordinate the resolution of conflicts between Field Offices and Headquarters, and between Region Field Office Directors and Public Housing Directors on critical issues and on conflicting programmatic demands or instructions.
- Monitor field office performance, evaluate, and recommend any needed changes to field offices.
- Assure timely and high-quality field office participation in high priority areas including RHIPRIM, GAO audit tracking, OIG audit follow-up etc.
- Mentor, train, supervise and evaluatie Public Housing Directors.