USAR Unit Administrator
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
About the Position:
This position is with 377 Theater Sustainment Command, 398 Finance Group, 310 Expeditionary Sustainment Command, Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 10%.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: technical and advisory services provided in support of a unit or activity in one or more of the following areas: personnel, finance, training or supply. Experience may have been gained in processing personnel or pay actions, maintaining records within a training data base, or ordering/issuing and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
This definition of or specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service, GS-06.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Military Programs
- Organizational Objectives
- Organize Workload
- Research and Analyze
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- Advise management on mission policy changes
- Manage various unit support programs
- Maintain calendar/schedule of official and unofficial duties
- Research and analyze data to prepare reports
- Management personnel records