Support Services Specialist, GS-0342-09 (DE/CR)
This position is located in the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Weather Service (NWS), Office of the Assistant Administrator (OAA), International Activities Office (IAO), in Silver Spring, Maryland.
The full performance level of this position is GS-09.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-AA-2017-0020, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is in the bargaining unit.
*This vacancy may be used to fill other Support Services Specialist, GS-0342-09 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
- Not Required
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: There is no positive Education Requirement for this position.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies; knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify at the GS-09 level:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following:
- Implementing the analysis of managerial or administrative policies, practices, and procedures.
- Conducting budget administration, program analysis, and other work facilitating the support of the organization.
- Engaging the responsibility of office management with directing a variety of support services such as typing, mail processing, purchase of supplies and equipment, etc.
- Monitoring, coordinating, and processing administrative work of subordinate elements through a system of internal procedures, controls, production, progress reporting, etc., to insure the efficient operation of an organization.
- Managing and serving as an expert in travel both foreign and domestic for a large office, division or agency.
2 years or a master's or equivalent graduate degree in public administration, business administration, industrial engineering, industrial management, or other administrative or management fields.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience are also qualifying for grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable.
College Transcript: If you are qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume. You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. If course content cannot be easily identified from the title of the course as listed on your transcript, you must submit an official course description from the college/university that reflects the content at the time the course was taken.
Note: Your college transcript is used to verify successful completion of degree, or college course work. An official college transcript will be required before you can report to duty.
Q - Nonsensitive
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as a support services specialist to the International Activities Office (IA), and provide extensive office management, planning, scheduling and coordinating meeting logistics.
- Serve as personal property management coordinator for the entire Region and works as liaison with national headquarters on property management.
- Provide a variety of administrative functions in the areas of travel, time and attendance, property management, procurement, and general administrative functions.
- Provide guidance to field offices on travel policy and procedures including permanent change of station moves.
- Create, organize, and maintain database, budgetary spreadsheets, and time lines.
- Provide Time and Attendance guidance and procedures.
- Assist with procurement actions and procedures.