Chief Information Security Officer - SL-2210
This Senior-level (SL) position, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), is in the Information Technology (IT) Directorate located in Suitland, Maryland. The CISO assists the leadership of the Associate Director for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer (ADITCIO) in oversight and assuredness of IT Security for the Census Bureau enterprise. It requires a highly specialized skill in order to ensure secure capabilities to support emerging and innovative technologies.
The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line - Suitland Station.
Relocation expenses may be paid.
This is a NON BARGAINING unit position.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel required to attend or present at meetings and conferences on topics relevant to the U.S. Census Bureau's mission.
- Relocation expenses may be paid.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must possess all of the Professional/Technical Qualifications. These qualifications would typically be acquired through education, experience, and training which reflect progressive development and achievement in leading teams and/or projects for a comprehensive business program in a complex organization. An individual's total experience and education must demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Your responses will be evaluated by a human resources specialist/and or a subject matter expert against the information you provide in your online resume and/or by reference checks. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for non-employment.
A degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management, or a degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the adaptation of applications, systems or networks OR equivalent IT experience. This experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training.
Your application includes your:
- Responses to the online scored occupational questionnaire; and
- Required supporting documents.
In addition to the duties listed in the "Job Summary" section, the CISO provides guidance and advice to the ADITCIO and other senior executives as required through briefings, formal written reports and presentations regarding cyber/IT Security at the Census Bureau. In addition, the CISO is responsible for overseeing the IT and IT Security Audit liaison and E-Discovery responsibilities for the Census Bureau.
As the CISO, you should be prepared to:
- Recommend courses of action and policies to senior management that allow the Census Bureau to securely meet its organizational goals;
- Coordinate closely with the Census Bureau Enterprise Architect (EA) ensuring that an IT security architecture is developed and supports the overall EA for the bureau;
- Participate in cyber/IT Security working groups at the Department-level as the primary Census Bureau representative, and;
- Proactively work with cross-directorate leadership to ensure they are aware of upcoming security requirement changes and to provide guidance as needed to ensure a unified cyber/IT security program at the enterprise-level.