Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in US ARMY CERDEC, Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate, Air Systems Division, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060.
FAA Pilot Certificates and/or Appropriate Military Ratings and Current First or Second-class Medical Certificate MUST be included with application. Flight Hours MUST be in the body of the resume. Please list flight hours on your resume in the following order: TOTAL FLIGHT TIME; PILOT IN COMMAND; NIGHT FLYING; FLYING TIME LAST 12 MONTHS; HEAVY HELICOPTER; INSTRUMENT; INSTRUCTOR TIME; MULTI-ENGINE FIXED WING.
Flight Hour Requirements are as follows:
Total Flight Time: 1500 hours
Pilot-In-Command: 250 hours
Night Flying: 75 hours
Flying Time Last 12 Months: 100 hours
Heavy Helicopter: 500 hours
Instrument: 75 hours
Instructor Time: 500 hours
Multi-Engine Fixed Wing experience desired but is not required.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel up to 10%
- Secret Security clearance is required.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: planning and briefing military rotary wing aircraft aviation operations, experience piloting aircraft during complex aviation missions in relevant operating environments and operating rotary wing platforms under night vision goggles.
· Minimum eligibility requirements for positions in this occupation are based on possession of the appropriate Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) pilot certificates and/or appropriate military ratings, meeting the applicable flight hour requirements for this position. I possess the appropriate pilot certificate and/or military rating and have included a copy with my application. MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR RESUME
· Candidates must demonstrate possession of the knowledge and skills required for the work by meeting certain minimum flight hour requirements, including recency of flight experience. I have included the following flight hours in the body of my resume: TOTAL FLIGHT TIME; PILOT IN COMMAND; NIGHT FLYING; FLYING TIME LAST 12 MONTHS; MULTI-ENGINE AIRPLANE; HEAVY HELICOPTER; INSTRUMENT; INSTRUCTOR TIME MUST BE INCLUDED WITH APPLICATION
· At the time of initial appointment, candidates for all pilot positions must possess a current first or second-class medical certificate in accordance with FAA regulations. I possess and have included a copy of my medical certificate with my application. MUST BE INCLUDED WITH APPLICATION
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
· ABILITY TO SERVE AS PILOT IN COMMAND IN ROTARY WING AIRCRAFT
· ABILITY TO PERFORM DUTIES AS AN ARMY AVIATION SCHOOL TRAINED FUNCTIONAL AREA SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
· ABILITY TO SERVE AS AN INSTRUCTOR PILOT (IP)
· SKILL IN METHODS OF COMMUNICATION
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the
required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet
the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of
education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must file annual financial statement.
- Irregular work schedule is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security clearance.
- License/Certification: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Pilot Certificate and/or appropriate military ratings. (MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION.)
- Must possess a current first or second-class medical certificate in accordance with FAA regulations. (MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION.)
- This position requires the incumbent to work an irregular work schedule with periodic night work.
- Must comply with Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
- This is a DoD Demonstration Project position.
- TERM NTE 5 years.
- May be converted to permenant without further competition.
· Perform assignments that involve work in technical operation aspects of substantive mission-oriented programs of unusual difficulty and responsibility.
· Perform aircraft flight test assignments that require a high degree of skill in determining aircraft performance and flight characteristics.
· Compile reports, checks and logs on the suitability functioning, and general practicability of the aircraft and components or systems.
· Perform preflight planning duties that include weather forecasts, study of maps and charts, verification of aircraft readiness, and obtaining proper clearances.