Supervisory Clinical Nurse
This position is located in the Health Care Services Directorate, Nursing Service Division, Nursing Inpatient Branch. The primary purpose of the position is to manage and direct all nursing care provided twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (3 shifts) on a designated unit within Healthcare Services.
- Not Required
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Registration requirement: Applicants must have an active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment. No person appointed pending registration may be retained beyond 6 months, or promoted, if registration has not been attained.
Specialized experience: For the GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Supervising a clinical staff, including nursing personnel and support staff; AND
- Monitoring healthcare services to ensure quality care and accordance with medical and nursing guidelines and regulations.
SPECIAL NOTE: Long-term care experience and/or interacting with geriatric patients is highly desired.
Education Requirements: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
As a Supervisory Clinical Nurse, you will:
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability for maintaining compliance with Federal, state, and corporate guidelines in the operations of the Armed Forces Retirement Home.
- Collaborate with the Director of Nursing in defining and interpreting the overall purpose of nursing and implements the planning in accordance with the philosophy and mission of the Armed Forces Retirement Home.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other nursing services to ensure the continuity of the Residents' total regimen of care.
- Assign work based on selective consideration of employee skill and abilities, and available resources.
- Assist in the formulation of the annual budget for the designated unit. Ensure supply and equipment systems are fully operational at a level necessary to support the unit.