Part-time Sales Associate
LOCATION: Works at NRA Headquarters - Saturdays only
SUMMARY: Performs duties in the National Firearms Museum Store engaged in selling specific related or general lines of merchandise. This position is for weekend work only - every Saturday. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association.
1. Scans merchandise into POS System to complete sales transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Enters employee discount to determine price through POS System in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Accepts payment (credit card, cash, check, traveler's checks) and makes appropriate change in an accurate manner. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers in a courteous manner.
4. Gives cash refunds or issues credit memorandums, with Manager's prior approval, to customers for returned merchandise in a courteous and timely manner.
5. Responsible for accurately balancing cash drawer and reconciling cash to daily sales receipts at the end of each day.
6. Installs and removes department cash-register-receipt tape as required.
7. Answers customer questions concerning location and price of merchandise in an accurate and timely manner.
8. Listens to customer complaints, examines returned merchandise, and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations in a timely manner.
9. Prepares and arranges merchandise displays as directed.
10. Responsible for inventory control which includes, assisting with recording delivery/receipt of merchandise ordered and comparing items, quantities and prices received to original purchase order in a timely manner, as well as stocking shelves and marking prices, within departmental guidelines, in an accurate and timely manner.
11. Inspects merchandise to ensure it is correctly priced and displayed as required.
12. Participates in periodic physical inventories of stock on hand as directed.
13. Cleans shelves, counters and tables daily.
SCOPE: High visibility with NRA members, general public, NRA staff, NRA Board members and vendors. Position functions in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions with minimal supervision. Position is for weekend work only. Position requires the lifting and carrying of a minimum of 25 lbs. of merchandise and also requires the physical ability of reaching and stocking merchandise and displays. No travel required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma/equivalent required. One to three years previous retail experience required with POS experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Excellent oral communication and customer service skills required. Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting set deadlines. Ability to work independently or as a member of a team essential. Willingness to learn new POS software packages essential. Must be capable of maintaining consistent, reliable, timely attendance. Potential hires are subject to a pre-employment credit and full criminal background check.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.
Apply for Part-time Sales Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly