Tissue Coordinator, Clinical Research Management Office, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Geo
Tissue Coordinator, Clinical Research Management Office, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) clinicians are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all patients. Lombardi's internationally-renowned physicians treat virtually every type of cancer, including breast, lung, colorectal, prostate, head and neck, and cancers of the blood. Along with cutting-edge cancer care, we offer a program of innovative clinical trials and a full range of supportive care services to improve our patients' health and quality of life.
The Tissue Coordinator is responsible for the human specimen collection for the clinical trials for the Clinical Research Management Office of the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - routine collection, processing and sending/storing of biological specimens (for example, tissue, blood) and completion of clinical data for patients undergoing these procedures. Reporting to the Supervisor of Research Nursing, the Tissue Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Attends tissue collection procedures.
- Observes and documents clinical data points.
- Receives resected tissue/Tumor and processes tissue per sponsor requirements and standard operating procedures of institution.
- Stores or sends tissue per study requirements; and if storing specimen, documents information as required.
- Completes all data request forms.
- Answers all data queries.
- Communicates status of tissue to all personnel involved in the clinical trial.
- Returns tissue to appropriate facility when study requirements complete.
- Ensures that all study laboratory tests are processed and sent to appropriate facilities.
- Prepares kits for daily specimen collection and takes to laboratory.
- Answers laboratory data queries from sponsors as necessary.
- Assists with the kit preparation, and processing and shipment of all laboratory specimens for the clinical trial patients.
- Stores research lab kits in central locations.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of specimens that are stored on site.
- Obtains archived tissue from various pathology departments for patients on participating in clinical trials.
- Completes requisition forms per study requirements and sends tissue to appropriate facilities.
- Responds to data queries as necessary.
- Assists in maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Assists in monitoring of freezer and refrigerator temperatures.
- Ensures that all laboratory supplies are maintained.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a science-related field
- Completion of IATA training
- Research experience preferred
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.