Human Resources Specialist II
Human Resources Specialist II
$65,061.78 - $87,984.00 annually
Online applications must be received by July 19, 2017.
Montgomery College, Rockville, Maryland, has need for a full-time, Human Resources Specialist II, #S00173,
temporary with benefits,* in the Human Resources Strategic Talent Management (HRSTM) department.
The normal work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm.
*This is a temporary with benefits position with funding approved through June 30, 2018.
The incumbent will oversee the full recruitment cycle of vacant positions - faculty, staff, administrators, and short-term temporary at the College. The incumbent will provide advice, counsel, guidance, interpretation and explanation of College policies and procedures or collective bargaining agreements to supervisors, employees, etc. to resolve an employee's concern.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance to hiring manager or administrator in initiating a recruitment process for a vacancy in their division/department/unit to include recruitment and sourcing strategy; develop/create a review/selection matrix; metrics; job announcement; etc.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with managers/administrators to ensure recruitment strategy supports the business need of the department.
- Develop and implement sourcing and recruiting strategies to identify and attract qualified applicants.
- Responsible for tracking recruitment activity and other metrics to ensure a qualified diverse applicant pool.
- Build and foster relationships with prospective candidates to include them in a pipeline for future vacancies.
- Identify and create diverse resources to broaden qualified applicant pool.
- Research online sources such as social networks and other non-traditional ways to broaden applicant pool.
- Identify job/career fairs including virtual fairs to participate.
- Partner with search firms, workforce/staffing agencies and advertising agencies, as needed.
- Problem-solve issues pertaining to a recruitment effort such as an applicants perception of bias, discrimination, etc.
- Provide advice, counsel, guidance, interpretation and explanation of College policies and procedures or collective bargaining agreements to supervisors, employees, etc. to resolve an employees concern.
- Lead for special projects such as background check, E-Verify, HRIS, immigration (visa renewal) etc.
- Stay current with law and regulation updates.
- Update materials and facilitate the New Staff Orientation.
- Create/update/maintain and facilitate recruitment training, as needed.
- Generate reports to provide analytics for workforce and succession planning strategies.
- Establish or update standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Bachelors degree in Psychology, Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible professional experience that exposes the employee to the principles and practices of Human Resources Management and the operations of an organization, preferably an educational institution.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices in area of specialization.
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts and procedures generally employed in Human Resources Management
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Ability to interpret and explain principles, procedures, policies, and regulations;
- Ability to remain current in trends, topics, and issues in area of specialization;
- Ability to arrive at sound decisions through detailed analysis and evaluation of information received from a variety of sources;
- Ability to plan and set priorities; organize numerous work assignments.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
- Online applications must be received by July 19, 2017.
- To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
at least two weeks
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.