The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
$53,525 to $88,315
Office of Public Safety, Fire and Rescue Services, MA-320
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Washington Dulles International Airport
WHY CHOOSE THE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY?
While finding a job that meets your career goals and pays you well is important, remember that the employer’s benefits may make all the difference. To review benefits information please click here.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (MQs):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. Age 18 (or older).
2. A high school diploma, a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
3. One year of progressively responsible experience (post high school) as full firefighter member (not a trainee) with Firefighter II certification of an organized fire department.
For volunteer service to be creditable, the volunteer service must include regularly recurring participation in training/instruction and response to fire calls and other emergencies.
4. Possession of Firefighter II certification, which must include HAZMAT Operations (HMO) certification, accredited by National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) or the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC).
5. Possession of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification by the Virginia Department of Health, Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS), showing effective date and expiration date or ability to obtain this certification within ninety days of the date of the Final Offer letter. An EMT qualified candidate who is selected, but lacks certification by the OEMS, will have ninety days from the date of the Final Offer letter to obtain certification from the OEMS.
6. Ability to perform effectively without adverse effects of motion sickness, claustrophobia or similar factors.
7. Valid State Driver’s License.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (PQs):
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but they are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1. Experience in Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF), which includes Airport Firefighter certification by the NFPA, or a fully equivalent certification.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the basic qualification requirements. There are assessment questionnaires that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaires.
The hiring and selection process includes, a written test, Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT), structured interview, polygraph examination, background security investigation, and pre-employment medical examination to include drug testing which will be required for all new hires. The written test is the Firefighter Selection Test and it will be administered Tuesday, August 01, 2017. Valid IDENTIFICATION must be presented on the day of the written test.
Written Test Time & Location:
To be determined upon closing of the announcement (7/24/17)
CPAT Location & Schedule:
Fairfax County Health and Wellness Facility
14725-C Flint Lee Road
Chantilly, VA 20151
Registration details for your preferred CPAT practice and final test session will be sent upon successful completion of the written test. The Orientation sessions are not mandatory, but recommended; no registration necessary.
· Tuesday, August 1st Orientation Session #1 from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
· Friday, August 11th Orientation Session #2 from 9:00 am – 11:00 am
· Friday, August 25th Practice Session #1
· Friday, September 8th Practice Session #2
· Thursday, September 14th Practice Session #3
· Friday, September 29th Final Testing Session
o Any candidate that has previously completed CPAT from a certified facility within a year of September 29th, may submit documentation in lieu of having to repeat this process, pending our validation.
For reference, the following link will take you to the IAFF CPAT Video: