The Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) is seeking a Data Associate to participate in TBI research in both the military and veteran population.
S/he will plan, conduct, and complete investigations under the supervision of the lead of the project. S/he will participate in all aspects of research including data collection, organization, literature reviews, structured interviews, analysis and interpretation of basic data and will assist with the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Understand, update, and instruct staff on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for hard copy quality assurance (QA), data entry, and data QA, per guidance of the Research Data Coordinator (RDC) and Scientific Directors.
- Prepare and improve training materials for hard copy QA, data entry, and data QA and complete secondary QA checks of staff's finished tasks.
- Assist RDC with cleaning of data and detection of missing data, including identifying, removing, and resolving errors encountered.
- Update dataset properties across multiple databases and maintain database merging capability
- Construct and QA syntax (under supervision of RDC) written for dataset creation, dataset updates/revision, and data cleaning.
- Assist RDC with data export process for data collected electronically, including QA of syntax for import and recoding and troubleshooting PDF/web based errors.
- QA of electronic data capture programming (e.g., format design, usability, testing skip patterns, checking data coding, etc.).
- Complete checks of existing tracking systems (for recruitment, consent, and questionnaire completion), resolve discrepancies/errors, and create/update formulas for tracking
- Master's Degree in Scientific field required.
- Must have Human Subjects training completed.
- Knowledge of standard qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques. Ability to follow general instructions; work in a team; good communication, writing and analytical skills; familiarity with social science research methodology is required. Ability to follow detailed instructions. Excellent communication and analytical skills required. S/he must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- 2-4 years' experience in research required.
Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.