7 days left
- Full Time
The Washington Post is hiring a Building Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity at our Springfield plant location. In this role you will play in important role in the publishing and printing The Washington Post.
- Monitor meters and other instruments attached to the equipment
- Conduct building tours each shift, take regular instrument readings, keep a log of the equipment's operation.
- Inspect equipment and look for any parts that need adjustment, lubrication, or repair
- Make minor repairs or completely overhaul equipment, depending on the situation.
- Keep records of all the routine service and repair activities
- Be familiar with computers and know how to operate computer-controlled equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude and should be in good physical condition
- Ability to keep track of details and understand the importance of following schedules.
- Familiarity with or ability to operate, maintain and repair
- Boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water
- Refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature
- Air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control
- Natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
- Water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks, toilet bowls, supply lines, drains and water lines.
- Electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
- Fuel oil systems, including pumps, valves, lines, controls and fuel tanks.
- Sanitary sewer systems, including sump pumps, basins, water closets, urinals, toilets and piping.
- Electrical power distribution and auxiliaries for building's lighting, mechanical, plumbing and control components, including lighting maintenance.
- DC 3
- MD 1