Java Developer / Senior Developer
The Washington Post is hiring a Developer for our video team (washingtonpost.com). On the video team, you'll play an integral and varied role in the future of digital storytelling; specifically working on Goldfish - our best-in-class video content management system, with metadata management, show and playlist creation, live events, video transcoding and a suite of video players for all major platforms.
- Spending 75% of the time writing code, and the other 25% getting feedback from customers, deciding which features to build and how, and sharing your great work
- Exploring and bringing new technologies and architectures to our technology landscape
- Building and deploying to production all the time, making the lives of our users better, helping us sell our platforms - aka. making a difference
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, equivalent field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of creating user facing experiences on production sites.
- Server side experience in Node, PHP, Python, Java, or Scala desired
- Familiarity with revision control systems, especially Git.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a highly agile environment.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and a willingness to tackle complex, technical problems