The Washington Post is hiring a senior front end developer to help build the next generation of newsroom software.
Our team is building WebSked, a cornerstone application in the Arc Publishing suite.
WebSked is a startup within the larger Post organization: we're building new software from scratch and driving adoption among our client newsrooms. Our iterative approach and frequent releases guarantee your work will be put into use in short order.
While we aim for the speed of a startup, we also have the backing and resources of an established company. We work closely with journalists at the Post and Arc Publishing clients to shape what we're building.
- Architect and implement rich user experiences that are reliable, extensible, and maintainable
- Actively participate in shaping the product roadmap
- Coach the other front end developers on the team and review their GitHub pull requests
- 4+ years of experience, with at least one year of web application development
- Experience building robust applications with Angular 1.X (or knowledge of a similar framework and a willingness to learn)
- A strong grasp of writing unit tests. TDD approach strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Webpack to leverage code splitting and bundle optimization
- Knowledge of version control best practices using Git
- Strong communication skills
- An interest and ability to learn new technologies quickly