Director, Security and Site Operations
The Director of Security & Site Operations will lead the development, implementation, and management of TWP's security processes & procedures, emergency readiness planning, and visitor protocols. As a function head, the director will drive the implementation of strategic and tactical plans targeted at improving overall company safety compliance, as well as identifying, evaluating, mitigating and responding to threats and risks.
- Provide direction and oversight for the Security team, mail room, and emergency readiness functions; develop, review and revise policies, plans, and programs to protect company's facilities, properties, materials, and employees, including security risk assessment, business continuity planning, visitor control, and employee identification. Act as a liaison between the property management company (Hines) and events management team (WPLive), and The Washington Post staff.
- Plan and execute staff-wide communication and training on security procedures and emergency preparedness.
- Collaborate with property management to ensure execution of security protocols for The Washington Post staff and visitors.
- Conduct internal investigation of theft and fraud; analyze loss control and accident reports and recommend enhancements to present security policies and procedures.
- Manage budget and for security- related activities. Select and manage Security vendors; negotiate contracts; monitor vendor performance; prepare estimates and approve payments.
- Draft and execute executive-level and company-wide employee communications related to building maintenance and security activities.
- Select, develop, and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of the Security & emergency readiness functions.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree; Certified Safety Professional (CSP) a plus
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in security management; minimum 5 years of senior management and supervisory experience
- Proven experience and expertise in physical security and business continuity
- Strong organizational, creative problem-solving, and collaborative skills
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within an organization
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to coach, train and motivate colleagues at various levels
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills