Product Strategist, RED
7 days left
- Full Time
At the Washington Post, we have an amazing team called RED that creates fast, innovative products for our digital advertising business. Working with the best developer in the industry, we are looking for a product-centric strategist to be the client-facing champion for HQ sales team. This role will spend its day working closely with sales and marketing to help understand their needs, translating those needs into products, and meeting with advertising clients to showcase how the products will drive business for them.
- Responsible for the strategy and management of products with a focus on Local categories
- Work directly with clients and sales to understand market need and pitch value of products
- Working with a cross-functional team of sellers, data leads and engineers to create the most valuable set of products for marketers
- Driving strategic product decisions via evaluation of market trends and meticulous retrospective and prospective analysis of product and revenue performance
- Define and track metrics to inform product strategy and roadmap
- Stay on top of relevant emerging trends and uncover opportunities to bring external thinking into strategic and operational development in the Local marketplace
- Collaborate closely with product owners within the RED and AdOps group as well as across organization
- Work directly with devs and QE to adjust existing products and deliver new concepts and final product
- Deep understanding of digital ad products, ad ops, digital marketing tools, programmatic, etc.
- Must have a build-first mentality towards product design and development
- Experience building strong partnerships across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Experience planning, designing and launching ad products that generate premium revenue with a strong focus user experience