7 days left
- Full Time
Are you an HR Professional that loves being responsible for all aspects of HR? DO you thrive on being embedded with the client? Do you enjoy working in a manufacturing/production environment? The Production Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing tactical HR support to the Production employees as well as department management and building people capability in support of business goals and objectives aligned with company- wide strategies. The Production Human Resources Manager will provide functional expertise, leadership, support and guidance to Production management. The successful candidate will partner closely with senior leaders, managers and HR colleagues to build a high performance organization and culture that recognizes and values differences and where teamwork is expected and employees can do their best work. Provides hands on human resources expertise in the areas of employee relations, employee development, training, compensation, benefits, recruiting and on-boarding and more. This role will represent the HR function by communicating philosophies, processes, policies, and capabilities to department management and employees.
- Manage employee relations issues, including investigation of employee complaints and concerns, conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, performance improvement and exit strategies by partnering with Legal Counsel/Labor Relations and other Human Resource professionals. Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach.
- Lead recruiting efforts for all production and circulation needs by posting job openings, screening candidates, conducting on-site interviews, making offers and checking references.
- Advise department managers and employees in the areas of EAP, EEO, ADA, FMLA, sexual harassment, employee relations, performance management, and Post policies and procedures. Monitor compliance with internal policies and procedures and legislation, as well as contribute to policy development and implementation.
- Assess current employee relations climate and develop new programs to improve employee response to strategic business initiatives. Strengthen lines of communication within and between all levels of the Production workforce by conducting employee surveys, small group meetings, and complaint follow-ups.
- Work with Production leadership in resource planning, including recruiting, organizational design, job evaluation and definition and managing the performance appraisal, development, advancement and compensation processes within the department. Assist in the deployment of a robust talent management and succession planning processes, in collaboration with the department and HR resources
- Proactively identify employee and manager development needs and work to develop methods and processes to meet Production needs.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years as a Human Resources Generalist in increasingly responsible roles, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience recruiting high-volume hourly workers
- Working knowledge of HR functional areas through prior experience as an HR generalist, especially in a union, manufacturing or production environment (preferred)
- Proven knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Prior experience managing compensation programs and data integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Able and willing to work a diverse schedule comprised of day, night and weekend shifts