DIRECTOR OF CODES AND STANDARDS
TITLE: DIRECTOR OF CODES AND STANDARDS
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT, ADVOCACY, CODES & STANDARDS
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
POSITION STATUS: EXEMPT
POSITION OPENING: IMMEDIATE
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: DIRECTOR
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering or related field, and a minimum 5-7 years of codes and standards development for office buildings and commercial real estate. Government relations experience a plus, but not a requirement.
POSITION AUTHORITY: SUPERVISORY
TRAVEL: FREQUENT TRAVEL REQUIRED
POSITION DESCRIPTION OBJECTIVES:
Act as BOMA International’s “point person” on issues related to building codes, industry standards and best practices guidelines. With BOMA International as the only national commercial real estate association with an active codes program, this individual will serve on the front lines in efforts to preserve safe, achievable and cost-effective building codes and standards for commercial properties and will have the potential to shape the future of the built environment.
- Represent BOMA with model codes and standards-setting organizations, such as ASHRAE, ICC and NFPA, to ensure that any codes and standards meet BOMA criteria of being reasonable, achievable and cost-effective, including attendance at code hearings.
- Communicate and quantify the impact and value of our efforts to explain code and standards issues in an easily understandable way by reporting strategies and activities in all BOMA communication vehicles.
- Represent BOMA before various federal regulatory agencies on specific codes and standards issues as assigned.
- Communicate BOMA positions, concerns and objectives to other national real estate organizations to encourage their support of BOMA and common industry goals.
- Work with BOMA local associations on code adoption at the state/local level, including supporting local association committees.
- Serve as staff liaison for the Building Codes & Voluntary Standards and Emergency Preparedness Committees.
- Respond to member requests on issues of concern in the codes and standards arena.
- Serve as the association’s codes expert and spokesperson with the press and industry groups as related to code activities.
- Manage outside volunteers and consultants who serve as voting members of codes and standards bodies on behalf of BOMA.
- All other duties as assigned.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to John Bryant, Vice President of Advocacy, Codes and Standards at email@example.com.
ABOUT BOMA INTERNATIONAL:
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is a federation of 90 BOMA U.S. associations and 18 international affiliates. Founded in 1907, BOMA represents the owners and managers of all commercial property types including nearly 10.5 billion square feet of U.S. office space that supports 1.7 million jobs and contributes $234.9 billion to the U.S. GDP. Its mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through advocacy, influence and knowledge.
BOMA International is a primary source of information on building management and operations, development, leasing, building operating costs, energy consumption patterns, local and national building codes, legislation, occupancy statistics, technological developments and other industry trends.
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is an equal opportunity employer
Apply for DIRECTOR OF CODES AND STANDARDS
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly