TEACHER ASSISTANT - IN SCHOOL RESTRICTION
6 days left
- Full Time
Graduation from high school, supplemented by course work in child development or related field, and experience working with children, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of student behavior as applied to children and of the language, culture, and other characteristics of the families whose children are enrolled in Loudoun County Public Schools
- Ability to work effectively with children, to carry out designated instructional assignments properly, to note and record student behavior, to supervise student behavior and learning activities, and to perform general clerical workGood human relations and communications skills
This is work providing instructional assistance to students under the direction of a licensed teacher. An employee in this class is responsible for carrying out designated instructional activities, such as preparing classroom materials, supervising student behavior, and going over lessons with students. Experienced workers in these positions initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides individual and group instruction as directed; demonstrates and assists students with skill development exercises. Implements designated portions of lesson plans. Participates with students in classroom activities
- Implements behavior modification plans. Observes and records student actions, progress, and other occurrences
- Prepares the classroom and helps manage the students; organizes the room and materials; records attendance; maintains bulletin boards
- Sets up and operates audio visual equipment
- Performs photocopying and general office clerical work
- Performs related work as required
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDAPPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 10
Salary Range: Refer to
184 Day Position, 6.84 hours per day
DAYS: FROM - TO -