Grants Administrator, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center Cancer Center - Georgetown University Me
Grants Administrator, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) clinicians are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all patients. Lombardi's internationally-renowned physicians treat virtually every type of cancer, including breast, lung, colorectal, prostate, head and neck, and cancers of the blood. Along with cutting-edge cancer care, we offer a program of innovative clinical trials and a full range of supportive care services to improve our patients' health and quality of life.
The Grants Administrator provides administrative and finance support to Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center's Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) Administrator, AD Administration and senior leadership. S/he assists with the CCSG competitive renewal as well as other multi-PI grants and multi-site investigator-initiated clinical trials; runs monthly BAR reports and; and collaborates with others to resolve any discrepancies and to makes sure that salary and expenses are hitting the cost centers correctly. Reporting to the CCSG Administrator, the Grants Administrator has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Assists the CCSG administrator and AD for Administration with reconciliation activity.
- Pulls reports from financial system (GMS) and update budget status report (in Excel) tracking revenue and expenses.
- Works with financial analysts and shared resource administrator to resolve any discrepancies in expenses and make sure cost transfers and JV's are prepared when requested.
- Works with OSR to make sure that budgets are loaded correctly.
- Works with SPFO to reconcile budget and prepare financial report for NCI at the end of the funding period.
- Assists with editing section write-ups of CCSG and other multi-site grants.
- Prepares tables and figures as needed.
- Assist with slide preparation and editing
- Assists with scheduling meetings and providing administrative support for CCSG related planning and evaluation activities and CCSG site visit and rehearsals
Clinical Trial Activation
- Assists with clinical trial activation
- Analyzes and monitor metrics and produce weekly dashboard
- Prepares budgets and statement of work for subcontracts for multi-institutional investigator-initiated clinical trials.
- Enters documents into STARs or GU-Pass and works with OSR to get sub-contracts executed
- Monitors accounts in financial system and work with OSR to initiate amendments or cost transfers as needed based on accruals
- Bachelor's degree in related field (healthcare administration, business, accounting, finance) or equivalent experience
- Excellent organizational and communications (both written and verbal) skills
Finance and accounting and administrative experience with technical skills in Microsoft Office, - in particular, Excel and PowerPoint - and financial systems.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.