Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop procurement documents and pre-negotiation position for construction solicitations, respond to request for information during solicitation period, etc., including prepare, execute and award construction contracts , terms and conditions, determine the type of contract and negotiation authority to be used and prepare required justification.
• Conduct Pre-Bid/Proposal conferences and participate in walk-throughs with bidders on site locations.
• Reviews purchase orders and contracts for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with government and agency policies and procedures; determines the most appropriate method of procurement; determines if requested items can be obtained via an existing contract; conducting pre-bid meeting and distribution of bid invitations
• Gathers, compiles and tabulates bids; evaluates price quotes and compares to specifications; researches vendors and evaluates their ability to provide quality materials, equipment, and services; selects or recommends the most advantageous bid; drafts final contract and notifying winning vendor
• Conducts market place analyses to construct pricing arrangement, subcontracting policy, and similar considerations; prepares and maintains current acquisition plans, milestone charts, and related schedules; using assigned systems and tools (e.g. PASS) to input, track and report on work items
• Performs basic analysis of costs based on prevailing material and labor costs; recommends modifications to contractual arrangements
Job Requirements and Essential Skills:
• Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload with the ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks due in a tight time-frame.
• Knowledge working with all aspects of constructions and construction related documents.
• Knowledge and proven experience with all aspects of conducting on-line bids and/or auctions including responsiveness ranges, performance measurements; and comprehensive knowledge of most common web-based bidding sites (i.e. eBay).
• Knowledge of construction project/ program management, with demonstrated success in application of customer servicing and problem resolution skills including conducting root cause analyses; proven ability to manage projects from concept through implementation.
- Bachelor's degree