Account Manager (Association Event & Sponsorship Sales)
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an Account Manager (Association Event & Sponsorship Sales) to join the Sales Services team in either our Chicago or Washington DC office. Our sales professionals manage every facet and detail of the sales process to drive growth for our client organizations through the sales of their assets. Our goal is to work closely with a client organization's leaders to identify the proper sales strategies to ensure that the organization has a diversified revenue stream that grows annually. Among our services are sales of exhibits and sponsorships at tradeshows; year-round partner programs; and a range of a la carte offerings (print/electronic advertising; website banner ads; regional conferences; and other products as identified by the organization). The Account Manager (Association Event & Sponsorship Sales) is an individual contributor role that will work closely with our organization's director of sales, executive director/CEO, Board of Directors, committees and industry leaders to develop and execute growth strategies that meet the needs of the association.
This role can sit in either Chicago or Washington DC.
What You Will Do
- Evaluate current association offerings (exhibits, sponsorships, webinars, advertising, banners, etc.) and assist in development of new sponsorship programs that are specifically designed to meet the needs of current and potential business partners
- Counsel clients on reasonable revenue goals that provide a roadmap to meet or exceed budget
- Build, maintain and grow (revenue) all current and prospective sponsor, exhibitor and advertiser accounts
- Identify and implement creative solutions to expanding revenue beyond annual tradeshow events
- Maintaining a current, accurate client relationship database and remain accountable for timely and accurate reporting
- Partner with SmithBucklin service units to determine asset costs, inventory and routes to market
- Ensure the SmithBucklin staff team fulfills the return on investment goals set by the association and vendor partners
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You exhibit strengths in building and maintaining long-term strategic business partnerships
- You are a self-starter with strong time management, goal setting, priority management and prospect follow up skills
- You have a proven record of high performance in sales and/or account management
- You have a knack at moving beyond disappointments, difficult customers and rejection
- You enjoy growing multiple accounts simultaneously
- You possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively build relationships based on trust and mutual partnerships.
- You have the ability to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of successful sales and/or account management experience
- Experience developing a sales plan from scratch and/or opening a new territory
- Experience developing multi-level relationships, to include a successful history at the C-level (Director and above)
- Experience with CRM tools, such as Salesforce, is preferred
- Experience selling sponsorship with nonprofit associations is preferred
- Industry experience/ knowledge in the technology industry is a plus
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin Corporation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.