Administrative Assistant II (1134)
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1134
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant II
SALARY: Up to $44,100 (Commensurate w/experience)
Grade (5); Full-time; Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Director and staff of the IACP Education Team, and will work with consultants, committees, and other IACP staff to ensure that the mission of the team is accomplished.
- Maintaining the master calendar for the Education Team to include all training engagements, project timelines, internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Arranging facilities for both internal meetings and training exported to facilities nationwide.
- Interacting with Education Team staff and consultants to arrange travel, transportation, and lodging for staff and consultants.
- Responding to phone and web inquiries about Education Team programs.
- Drafting memorandum and e mail communication to market Education Team programs and to keep co-host agencies advised of upcoming events.
- Preparing invoices for Education Team sponsored training programs and tracking accounts receivables for the various cost centers. Maintain related Excel spreadsheets.
- Maintaining Education Team reading, accounting and contracting files in a manner that ensures they are easily retrievable. Ensuring that entries are made into the document tracking system.
- Serving as webmaster and content manager for the Education Team’s SharePoint site.
- Assisting with marketing presentations on training programs offered by Education Team.
- Reviewing monthly expenditure reports for the Education Team cost centers.
- Overseeing the submission and editing of multiple written products related to Education Team products to ensure submissions and edits are accomplished within project timelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum five (5) years of progressive secretarial or administrative experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2016 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Ability to proficiently use Windows environment including Outlook 2016 and the internet via MS Explorer.
- Strong customer service skills and understanding of basic accounting rules governing direct and indirect costs.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent editorial skills (proofreading, spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc.)
- Small meeting planning experience a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise judgment and make independent decisions is essential.
- Occasional travel may be required
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history. Note: all documents should be submitted as one document.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by July 20, 2017.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply using the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=theiacp&jobId=202053&lang=en_US&source=CC3 -OR- apply through our website at www.theiacp.org. EOE M/F
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access