Sr. Network Engineer/Installer- TS/SCI
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed. 5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
1. CCNA Required
2. Experience with cryptologic devices such as KG 175/250 required - CCNP highly desired.
3. Must be willing to travel 20-80%.
4. Must be able to climb stairs and navigate cramped spaces.
5. Must be able to install networking equipment aboard US and Coalition Partner Naval vessels.
6. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays if required.
7. Must be 8570 compliant to at least IAT level II
8. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
9. Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
10. Additional specific certifications may be required; depending on job assignment.
11. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
12. This work is typically performed at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.