Located steps from the Bethesda Metro Station, Managed Care Advisors (MCA) is an innovative company offering an unique set of services specific to Specialized Health Program Management, Federal Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Disability and Absence Management. MCA was recognized as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies in the 2016 Inc. 5000, an annual list of America’s most successful independent small businesses. MCA has an immediate opening for an Account/Project Manager to join our growing team.
Managed Care Advisors
- Provides an exciting and fast paced work environment
- Provides growth opportunities and cultivates talent
- Celebrates our individual and team successes together
- Provides a comprehensive benefits package
- Supports a team oriented work atmosphere
The Account/Project Manager supports a dedicated client team in executing and ensuring successful project delivery according to Client objectives and timelines. This includes timely delivery of all contractual deliverables, coordinating efforts of internal team members with the client, managing logistics, and creating project timelines. The Account/Project Manager is required to maintain a professional working relationship with assigned key account personnel developing an authentic working partnership. He or she plays a central role working alongside the Client Services SVP and Program Manager, and subcontractor(s) while also seeking to ensure timely and successful delivery of services according to client needs. The Account/Project Manager has a detailed knowledge of MCA's program, capabilities, applications, practices, and processes thereby providing the client with the most appropriate services.
- Execute project activities according to the project plan/scope of work.
- Develop and maintain the project schedule to identify the duration of the project, dependencies, key milestones, deliverables and critical paths to ensure an effective and timely project delivery.
- Develop a masterful working knowledge of MCA applications, practices and processes.
- Responsible for client communications, assisting with conflict resolution, and client expected deliverables.
- Schedule client related team meetings, document meeting minutes and follow-up.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our program according to customer needs, objectives and contract requirements.
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and request ad-hoc reports for customers and external vendors
- Maintain accurate information in internal customer relationship and deliverable management tools.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with customer supporting client retention.
- Ensure client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner and the Program Manager is promptly informed of any challenges as they arise.
- Retain client(s) and ensure contracts are renewed.
- Responsible for other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ customer service/account management experience in a health care organization or insurance industry
- Ability to travel 10% locally and nationally
- Knowledge of the healthcare system and industry. Broad based knowledge of claims and the insurance industry functions and operations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from other managers, the client, customer, and the general public
- Work independently as a self-starter committed to delivering the highest in customer service, quality and results
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including public speaking and presentations
- Superb relationship-building skills
- Strong computer skills
- Able to pass a preliminary credit and background check
- United States Citizenship
MCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of employee upon hire. Successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check, and obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire.