Financial Administrator - Non Industry 3, Biomedical Graduate Research Organization - Georgetown Un
7 days left
- Full Time
Financial Administrator - Non Industry 3, Biomedical Graduate Research Organization - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University's Biomedical Graduate Research Organization (BGRO), home to 53 percent of Georgetown University's sponsored research funding and led by Robert Clarke, Ph.D., Sc.D., was created to foster cutting-edge interdisciplinary collaboration and to enhance Georgetown University Medical Center's basic science and translational research capacity, especially in the areas of neurosciences, child health and human development, cardiovascular-kidney diseases, infectious diseases and in collaborative work with researchers and clinicians from Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. In addition to promoting this lifesaving research, BGRO's focus on educational and academic excellence in the biomedical sciences is helping to create the next generation of researchers in the United States and around the world
The Financial Administrator assists with the oversight of all financial management functions within the BGRO Clinical Departments - analysis, management, and reconciliation of all GMS work-tags and subcontracts. Reporting to the Senior Contracts Manager, the Financial Administrator 3 has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the administrative liaison with Federal, State and Corporate sources of funding.
- Completes the monthly sponsored project reconciliation process.
- Manages journals/cost transfers, coordinates effort reporting, purchasing, and prepares and tracks invoices.
- Completes FFR's, close-outs and spend analysis, as well as any additional data requested by the Faculty.
- As a Department Financial Manager for Sponsored Project, handles financial management of the sponsored project to ensure compliance with sponsor's requirements and University's policies and procedures, to include duties specified for accomplishment within 30 days after the close of the month.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or an Accounting field - Master's preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of experience, to include demonstration of progressive work experience
- Strong finance, accounting, and analytical background
- Demonstrated skill in administrative and financial management, with working knowledge of Federal 0MB Circulars A-21, A-110 and A-13, as well as extramural funding
- Ability to interact well with community and University Officials, faculty, staff, and students
- Ability to express information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to assimilate data, communicate effectively, exercise sound judgment and discretion, and understand comprehensive financial systems, including but not limited to GMS, Excel, BOX, and Word
- Working knowledge of financial management tools and a working knowledge of grants management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with a diverse population
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and handle difficult situations with tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Preference for Certified Research Administrator
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.