Lead Telephony Consultant
Lead Telephony Consultant
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 3.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Lead Telephony Consultant. This individual will report to the Director of Product Management Contact Center Resource Group and will be responsible for delivering data, configuration, and reporting solutions to the UMUC contact centers. The Lead Telephony Consultant will serve an instrumental role by collaborating with decision makers throughout the organization in order to improve student services for the contact centers. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and be capable of understanding business requirements as it relates to the contact centers.
The position of Lead Telephony Consultant, demands extensive cross-functional collaboration, good communication skills, excellent project managerial skills, creative skills, and a process-focused attitude that will enable her/him to effectively execute multiple responsibilities and deliverables. The ideal candidate will be capable of building mutually beneficial relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The Lead Telephony Consultant must have demonstrated abilities to meet tight deadlines and outstanding time management skills. Extensive analytical skills, coupled with the ability to gather and analyze data to gain an understanding UMUC student needs to continuously improve the existing strategy are essential.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide operational support for UMUC contact centers in a 24/7 environment.
- Experience using and configuring workforce management, contact center reporting, and telephony management tools to meet business objectives.
- Provide strategic workforce management recommendations to the UMUC contact centers by analyzing staffing models, forecasted call projections, and historical call volume.
- Familiar with Verint QM, WFM and UCCE Admin, Cisco Finesse, and IP communicator (or equivalent) contact/service systems and software
- Responsible for building data queries and creating custom reports. Familiarity with eGain Analytics or similar reporting tools.
- Validate large data sets for accuracy by utilizing contact center reporting tools.
- Research and recommend business stakeholders how to leverage the features and functionality of the different contact center tools.
- Identify trends within the different contact center data sources and articulate actionable insight to business stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to understand contact center reporting needs.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for all contact center reporting, workforce management, and quality monitoring tools. Develop documentation for business stakeholders for training or operational use.
- Collaborate with UMUC Analytics to build reporting dashboards
- Assist with strategic projects and initiatives that impact all of the contact center.
- Assist with developing the department's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain up to date expert knowledge for all contact center reporting applications/tools.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Minimum combined 7-9 years of relevant Contact/service and Project Management experience.
The ability to create a telephony strategy and roadmap. Innovate product design, and execute the vision to reality. Enable our students and customer's goals and vision. Deliver a high-quality product across diverse UMUC needs with conscientious attention to schedules.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning in a business or technology
- Society of Workforce Planning Professionals Certification
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Specialist Certification
- Minimum five years of applicable contact center support experience managing call routing and customer relationship systems.
- Experience with Verint WFM and Quality Management (QM)
- Experience with UCCE Admin, Cisco Finesse, and IP Communicator
- Proven experience with in-depth reporting and analysis utilizing call center reporting tools/applications.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to articulate recommendations and findings.
- Able to work with large data warehouses and conduct data analysis.
- Proven capacity for partnering with key decision-makers, cross-functional departments, and management to provide solutions for data and reporting needs.
- Exceptional customer service/interpersonal skills.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.