Supervisor, Physical Security
The Institute for Defense Analyses is recruiting for a Physical Security Supervisor to join the Security leadership team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make a difference. As the Physical Security Supervisor you will be on the forefront of defining the Security landscape to protect IDA's physical and intellectual resources.
The Physical Security Supervisor will develop, administer and oversee the physical security programs at the Alexandria, VA and Washington, DC offices. Some key functions of this role include: management of the security guard work force; oversight of alarm and monitoring systems, and all building locks, safes, and mantraps, and construction and operation of closed areas to ensure that they meet US Government requirements. This position also plays an active role in managing IDA’s Emergency Response Plan and participating in periodic government security inspections. The ideal candidate is someone with proven leadership skills, physical security experience and experience administering a physical security program in compliance with DoD and other U.S. Government regulations.
- Develops and manages IDA’s physical security program in accordance with NISPOM (National Industrial Security Operations Procedures Manual) and other US Government regulations.
- Responsible for day to day supervision of a 24/7 guard force consisting of three shifts/day.
- Develops, tests and implements IDA emergency response plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Security field and five or more years of progressively responsible experience in positions involving security operations and emergency planning including at least two years of supervisory experience; OR, seven or more years of progressively responsible experience in positions involving security operations and emergency planning including at least two years of supervisory experience
- Prior Security experience in a government or government contracting environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with various applicable government security regulations and related procedures; demonstrated knowledge of integrated security systems.
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability work effectively with all levels of staff; ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Familiarity with access control systems, video management systems, and alarm systems, experience working with IT based security systems strongly desired.
- Experience in communicating and working with outside law enforcement agencies strongly desired.
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office and other office automation tools required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearances.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.