Senior Computer Systems Analyst (Helpdesk Team Lead)
IDA is actively recruiting for a vacant Senior Computer Systems Analyst to serve as the technical lead for helpdesk support. This position will be the subject matter expert and knowledgeable lead for all technical software and hardware issues for the tier 2 helpdesk.
We are seeking someone that has a passion for technology and helping others. The position will be on the frontline of the fast paced helpdesk, assisting with training technical staff, solving the more complex technical problems and helping to test and implement new technology to support end-users. The ideal functional helpdesk lead must be a team player, possess excellent customer service skills and advanced troubleshooting skills for software and hardware issues.
- Takes a lead role researching and advising on new hardware and software technologies to ensure component compatibility with existing baseline and network architectures.
- Assists in the design but also assembles, configures and delivers endpoint systems in accordance with corporate IT policy and client software and hardware requests; Ensures that each system is properly configured to gain access to authorized network resources.
- Mentors junior technicians on proper troubleshooting techniques, baseline applications, endpoint systems, hardware platforms, corporate IT policy, information security, and IT service excellence.
- Assists in the design then builds the master image library and uses this library to clone disks and prepare systems for delivery. Completes and documents all quality control checks to ensure system operations and performance prior to delivery.
- Consults with IDA Division and Directorate management on desktop and laptop deliveries to ensure the computer is tailored to meet their expectations with regard to application, function and performance.
- Implements system improvements and upgrades to enhance computer system performance and functionality. Contacts hardware and software vendors for licensed services, warranty, and non-warranty repairs.
- Provides user assistance with new systems and IT services to include introducing new features and troubleshooting any software and hardware related problems.
- Builds new and reassigned systems for network communications and follows the proper disposal procedures for retired systems.
- Ensures all systems meet the minimum configuration standard for communication with the corporate asset management system, patch management, backup, and antivirus solutions.
- Tests new software and hardware, develops implementation plans, and performs compatibility tests of network systems and services.
- Assists Information Security in the collection of system security audits and participates in Computer Emergency Response Team actions.
- Maintains and keeps all written technical documentation (SOPs) for systems and processes under their control up to date.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related IT discipline and fours years minimum experience supporting software, hardware, associated peripherals, networks, and computer user support in a Windows Operating environment; OR six years experience supporting software, hardware, associated peripherals, networks, and computer user support in a Windows Operating environment
- Experience with Remedy, Outlook, Active Directory, Cisco AnyConnect, MS Lync, MS Remote Desktop, Cisco VoIP and Internet browsers is highly desired
- Advanced knowledge of network infrastructures, PKI certificates, and virtual machines preferred
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, network cabling, wireless, media converters, and remote access methodologies.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with moderate to no supervision.
- Must be willing to work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.