Manager, Customer Solutions Engineering
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17083.CSE-Europe & Middle East
Location: London UK
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: Yes
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Manages a team of regional customer solution engineers (CSEs) that provide high level technical and/or strategic pre- and post-sales support to sales and operations groups by developing innovative, creative and strategic solutions focused on Intelsat's germane business drivers while delivering value to both Intelsat and the customer. As the leader of a group of technical experts that generate the highest possible value solution, keeps team up-to-date on cutting edge technology to allow the development of service product strategies and execution on these strategies. Leads the Europe & Middle East (EME) Customer Solutions Engineering (CSE) team to drive the development and enhancement of service products, with a prime focus on revenue growth and profit margin while ensuring service offerings are aligned with the needs of our customers and owning/leading the most complex and strategic projects to close. Develops, maintains and enhances internal policies and standards, including those associated with the sales order handling process and establishes the proper metrics to measure and drive efficiencies, with the end goal of creating a customer-focused culture. Coordinates and manages customer communication associated to service related issues, including satellite anomalies and service outages/degradations, along with customer credit requests while embracing transparent and consistent communication to both internal and external customers.
You must have the following to be considered for this role:
- A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or another relevant field.
- At least ten years of relevant experience in a satellite related environment.
- Experience in Capacity Management, Customer Solutions Engineering or another Sales Engineering function.
- Demonstrated program or project management experience.
- A thorough understanding of the cost drivers of hybrid satellite/ground solutions.
- Thorough understanding of satellite and terrestrial network operations, satellite and terrestrial communications operations, satellite design & manufacturing and the sales process.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills with ability to pro-actively engage with customers and senior management.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills focused on collaborative win-win solutions.
The following are preferred:
- Direct people management experience experience.
- Manage the EME Customer Solutions Engineering function, ensuring adequate staffing to support regional needs, proper training of staff on operational processes, policies, standards, technologies and tools, and appropriate allocation of technical staff to support customers.
- Assist the Regional Managing Directors of Sales for Europe and Middle East North Africa as necessary in setting priorities and developing strategic plans for customer support in the region.
- Serve as the top sales engineering presence in a region, coordinating technical support efforts to key customers.
- Provide expert-level guidance, coaching and mentoring to regional sales engineering staff.
- Serve as technical lead for communication network solutions of the highest complexity, including ground and space components for both standard and non-standard offerings.
- Prepare Link Budget Analysis (LBA) and Multi-Destination Analysis (MDA) as necessary to demonstrate satisfaction of customer requirements.
- Prepare and present technical proposals both independently and in collaboration with sales directors.
- Personally manage the company's largest and/or most complex customer accounts as the life cycle technical contact.
- Manage the regional customer solutions engineering budget including: travel; training; team building; staffing & recognition awards.
- Develop and organize the technical track of Intelsat regional seminars.
- Support Product Management, Sales and Regional CSE team during trade shows and customer events.
- Ensure Regional CSE team have the tools & resources needed to support both Sales and Customers.
- Maintain an extensive and in-depth knowledge of Intelsat service offerings and capabilities.
- Support new satellite design and deployment planning, coordinating with Regulatory team and communicating technical/operational constraints to Regional CSE team.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.